Springwise: new business ideas for entrepreneurial minds.
This is a great site, always worth a visit. They just did all their tops of 2006 lists. I went through all of them so that you don’t have to:
- Covering up IKEA: a company that sells high-quality slip covers for Ikea furniture.
- Garden offices for lawn commuters: pre-fab, high quality, garden sheds for the digerati.
- Real estate 3.0: selling houses that aren’t for sale: a website that lets you bid on houses that aren’t for sale yet
- Everyone’s publisher: Blurb lets aspiring authors publish books themselves easily.
- JPG 2.0 | Customer-made magazine relaunched
- Angelic crowdsourcing: raising money from the net to make an open source movie (similar idea to what I wrote about in Television and the Long Tail and Stray Cinema)
- Channeling online video: an article about a travel site that uses short videos of locations to help get people interested
- Mass made to order, here: a company that uses 3D CAD software and a computer controller cutting machine to create furniture on demand. If I could supply the file to them, I’d design all my own furniture…
- Never miss another show: Tourfilter tells you when your favorite band is coming to town.
- Splice: social mixing and remixing: Crossing remixing with social networking
- Hubwear: A t-shirt site that does airport codes
- Wearing your profile on your sleeve: T-Shirts meets geek list a la High Fidelity